Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Halloween!


My son's daycare had a halloween party for the kids and parents. So, the director asked me if I could do a cake. Of course I said yes and was flattered.

I did cupcakes for the kiddies: vanilla and chocolate. I kept them simple. I bought some cute cupcake halloween piks and sprinkled halloween colored sugar. At Michael's, I found Halloween them cupcake stands that were made of cardboard. One was a pumpkin and the other was a spider.




As for the cake, my original idea was a witch but switched it to a ghost with other halloween inspired ideas. The ghost itself is 3 layers of vanilla butter rum with a strawberry cream filling covered in fondant. The bottom part is 2 layers of vanilla butter rum and a strawberry cream filling. I cut out 2 shapes using cookie cutters for the ghost, cat and pumpkin. I wanted it simple and cute. Everyone loved the cake and thought it was cute. :)

No comments: