Sunday, June 6, 2010

UCF Graduation Cake



WOW! This is the first time I post a picture of a cake in a long time. I'm going to have to start backwards to go forward. :) Well, here is a cake that I did for a really good friend's cousin. She just graduated from the University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL. I'm very familiar with this school. I use to travel alot in FL when I taught cheerleading camps held at different universities . UCF happened to be one that I visited quite often. It's a great school and the campus is beautiful. As for the cake, my friend said to make it black and gold. I decided to cover the cake in black vanilla fondant. I then made a template of the UCF Pegasus. I tinted white fondant yellow and then it cut it out using my template. I mixed a little bit of gold edible dust with vanilla extract. I basically painted the pegasus with the gold mixture and let it dry. I placed it on the cake and used a little VE (vanilla extract) to make sure it stuck to the cake. As for the sides and border, I just cut out little square/diamonds and the border was rolled black fondant balls with several alternating gold balls. I also rolled fondant into a diploma and put a black ribbon on top. The cake flavor is my signature: vanilla with dulce de leche filling. Yummy! Hope you enjoyed it.

!

1 comment:

om said...

THIS CAKE WAS NOT ONLY BEAUTIFUL, BUT ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! THE CAKE WAS FRESH AND LIGHT. THE DULCE DE LECHE FILLING WAS A TURE HIT! EVERYONE AT THE PARTY WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW GORGEOUS AND YUMMY THE CAKE WAS! =)