Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Little Mermaid Birthday

I finally got to do a Disney character theme birthday cake. This was for a friend's daughter who had her birthday theme as The Little Mermaid. This is probably one of my favorite movies growing up and I love to sing "Part of your world." That is one of my old hidden talents. :)



The cake is a 10 inch vanilla cake with a cookies and cream filling. It's topped with buttercream. The seashells are chocolate, which i did myself. The white coral on the cake is royal icing. The figurines were purchased at the Disney store. The big pink seashell in the front is fondant/gumpaste and witten in royal icing.


The cupcake pops were another goody I made. I originally saw this done on Martha Stewart and I had to try them. They are made of chocolate cake that is crumbled up and mixed with cream cheese icing. This acts as the binder. I roll them into 1.5 inch balls, freeze them for 15 minutes, form them into cupcakes with a flower cookie cutter, freeze them again, and the dip them into chocolate. They are all top with white/clear sprinkles and a red M&M. These are sooooo good.


No comments: